Hammerite Imperium dev blog

This blog charts the development process behind the HI mission pack for Thief. Have a burrick, on the house.

December 31, 2004

A New Year Dawns Upon the Empire.

As a new year's resolution I am firing Redface...
out of a canon...
into the sun...
...for making me use this maddening blog, which frankly drives me insane with the characters and the typing and the little pixilated letters.

Also, I would complain about the blog's background. It's unsocial and sinister, like some wallpaper used by Doctor Hannibal Lecter. I demand some more shiny-ness to it. The old wallpaper must be burned in the builder's forge, lest it consume us all.
The construction of cathedrals is proceeding nicely. The cathedral in academy mission is running up to 700 polys. My cup runneth overboard, as I hath spend 3 days drawing the stainglass for the outside and inside. Chew on this screen… some things are still kinda skewy… like the sky… it bores me...



The Academy has some things to be finalized, before its impending release:
- outside gardens around cathedral.
- catacombs.
- scripting by Thiefsie.
- sound and AI paths by Denthief.
- and some writing by me.

- Saintly, and slightly insane, Imperial architect Alexius, signing off...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Trying out the blog*
I must admit that the wallpaper is rather tasteless and silly, rather like an old carpet that once covered our floor; alas, no more. Anyway, the scroll and the choice of font is most tasteful. Please don't make it too shiny Alexius, sometimes your fixation with the glorious and shiny seems unhealthy. Nothing wrong with a bit of tasteful minamilism here and there :p
Hope the blog carries on, am i supposed to be doing updates on it or something? I havent even got a blog account.
Burrick on Toast

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I love the wallpaper!

Few webpages are as relaxing and natural to look at as yours, and after all: Thief is about 'old and used', not 'brand new'.
:)

Zaccheus.

1:16 PM  
Blogger team imperia said...

I'll deal with the updates for the time being Burrick. You go make me some tea. ;)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, goodgood (whoever you are [red/al]) even less work for me. better redesignate all my resources to tea-supplying then.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home